This summer has gone way too fast. And I'm beyond sad about it ending. This summer brought 3 vacations, a freshly stained fence, a new puppy, lots of time for exercise and running around with my boys. So I'm going to try to continue our summer fun until the very last second. This week we've been shopping, to Entrainment Junction, tomorrow is the zoo and we still might fit in Sharon Woods, The Cone and who knows what else?
So you can see why between school and family this poor little blog has been neglected.
I decided that I'd post a few update below due to my absence. So here it goes...
1. Gus chews on everything, likes to bite holes in my children's clothes, loves to sleep in our laundry room, seems to be obedient when he wants to, is super cute and is growing really fast. I think we might have Clifford.
2. Drew is currently hating naps, loving to write, can seriously repeat verbatim anything he hears on TV or otherwise. In fact the other day he informed me that the Gyro Bowls we bought are dishwasher safe according to the commercial and that he also learned that if you don't do squats you will get a big butt. Maybe not in those exact words, but you get the point. He also loves to watch Looney Toons, Scooby Doo, Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie. When he talks you hear a cute little chipmunk voice, but you'd think you were talking to a 20 something. He's quite the pistol and will be the sole topic of a future post, so stay tuned.
3. Landon is currently a handful to say the least. He's currently 21 months but swears he is 4 like Drew, and wants to do everything his big brother does. He loves sweets and although he doesn't say many words, he can clearly say sucker. Although our little Landon is a man of few words, tonight we went through the letters of the alphabet and NO LIE, that boy knew 19/26 sounds. Yes...it's the teacher in me, with the data, but I was so proud. None the less, he is going through the terrible twos a bit early and thinks throwing food, screaming in stores and restaurants and biting his brother is totally acceptable. I'm hoping by two he can actually say what he wants and we can quickly outgrow this period of disobedience. He really is a sweetie just with devil horns that retract in and out.
4. Travis is still working thirds and loving it. He spent the last 2 weeks researching gym shoes and shopping for some, so can we get an AMEN when I say, he finally found a pair. He is such a great daddy and spends the mornings when he gets home, rolling around with 2 boys and a puppy. The poor guy gets little sleep but still finds time to help out a lot. Especially with me being glued to either a computer, a Cricut or a laminator lately. We are currently waiting to find out if his department will go to 10 hours shift. Cross your fingers that they do. It will mean many more days off for my hubby and more family time for us.
5. As for me...Well, I'm finished with my classroom, you can see it here. I'm about 5 pounds away from my summer weight loss goal and much prefer shopping for smaller sizes, so if you see a cookie in my hand, please take it away. I'm a little obsessed with Pinterest. If you don't know what it is, it's like having access to thousands of people's bookmarks of everything wonderful they've ever found on the web. I now have about 5 million new recipes to try and projects to do, but no time because you can't peel me away from that site. You can click here to see my pinterest boards. You so should join. It's the best invention ever.
6. I've been a really bad mommy and haven't taken many pictures. I plan on getting back to my paparazzi ways. Maybe one day, I'll get some time to actually learn how to take pictures like a pro. Until then... here are a few pictures I took the other day.
Hope you all are enjoying your last few weeks of summer. I promise to be back soon with more of the Oakes' shenanigans.

No comments