For Drew's birthday he requested a new room. According to him, his furniture wasn't grown up enough. As you know he is 10 now, and apparently that's the new 17. So, we obliged and sold his old furniture.
You know, you'd think shopping for bedroom furniture for a 10 year old would be fairly easy, but we scoured every furniture store in the city and mommy, daddy and Drew were not seeing eye to eye. Eventually we found a set we could agree on, and it actually worked out pretty well.
Our goal was to have a place to display all of his signed sports memorabilia. I've come to conclusion that his room is now worth more than all of the contents of the rest of the house. He has quite a collection. In fact, he might as well open a mini sports museum.
I can tell he's growing up because he is already sleeping in that big bed later than before, and there are less and less toys overtaking the room. It makes me sad and I hope this is all the growing up we do for now.
Here is the final product.






No comments