My boys really have no idea what it feels like to want for things, or even how life is outside of their sweet little Liberty Township bubble, but I want them to know how blessed they are. I want them to give, as much as they've been given, and I want to teach them that kindness is always the right choice.
The sweet girls I work with and I all decided to have babies around the same time. So therefore, we have lots of playmates and get together during the summer so our kids can have a little fun. This week, we decided to do something a bit different. Instead of a normal playdate, we wanted to say thank you to the Cincinnati Police Department and also honor Officer Kim. What better way to honor someone than with random acts of kindness.
Our first stop was to the PD to drop off cookies and cards as our way of saying thank you. The kids couldn't have been happier to take their little gifts and the officers went out of their way to make us feel welcome and show the kids around. They even got to sit on a motorcycle and watch a canine do his work. It was a really fun treat.
Landon working on his card for the police officers.
My favorite Cincinnati Police Officer
After we left the PD, we hit up Smale Park to continue to spread kindness. We gave out bubbles, gum, candy, water, gift cards, change for vending machines and smiles.
I was so proud of our kids and I think they enjoyed the day as well. Remember, "Small acts of kindness when multiplied by millions of people, change the world."
RIP Officer Kim.





No comments