Today was a big day for both Drew and Mommy & Daddy. Today we put our little guy in the hands of practical strangers for his first day of preschool. Yesterday he came down with a horrible cold and we didn't know if he'd even make it to school today. But sure enough, his little stuffy nose didn't stop him. He hopped out of bed, into a hot shower and then into an adorable little, first day outfit and posed for pictures with his new shark backpack.
When we got there I think he was just a little bit apprehensive, but then daddy showed up and all was well in the world again.
We went in to find Drew's adorable ladybug he decorated at open house. He moved it to his cubby like a big boy and off to meet his teach we went.
Drew meeting Ms. Nancy

From there they whisked him away and while mommy and daddy worried if he'd be okay, Drew was having a blast in preschool.
I couldn't wait to get home and find out how my baby did on his big day. In his words, "It's a pretty fun place mommy. We read about an owl named Bill who lost his mommy and they thought a fox got her but then he found her and we ate a snack and made an owl and I played outside and pulled a wagon." And if you know Drew at all, you would know that run-on sentences are the way he talks. I purposely left out commas and periods. :)

And this is what Landon was doing on the big day. Enjoying some yummy puffs and smiling. We love that little guy!
So while mommy really wishes her babies could stay little forever.... I'm glad that Drew has turned into such a terrific, little independent, preschool boy. I was told today you'll blink and he'll be in college. I hope that isn't true. But when that day comes, I hope to close my eyes and remember this day.









No comments