Angels, Heroes and Family

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.-Psalm 62:8 

Yesterday just started off sad and it seemed like the bad news wasn't going to stop.  I started my day in tears, rushing around, behind schedule, wondering if working and being away from my babies was the right thing for my family.  Then I arrived at school to find out that a sweet teacher friend, suffered a horrible loss.  At the end of the school day I learned of the tragedy in CT.  Days like yesterday make you wonder what kind of world we live in? Why does God let things like these occur?  And then you end your day with sweet friends and family and you realize that this world is good, that people are kind and we are blessed. And no matter the tragedy, God is always with us.  He always has his hand on us.  He was with those sweet babies, he was with those brave administrators and teachers and he is holding them tight in Heaven.  So today when I woke up, I promised myself and God that I would do everything I could to be positive, to show kindness and live the way we were intended.  To be selfless, caring and show love.  So we started our day with a family trip to the aquarium.  
It's the best feeling in the world to see our babies faces light up.


 Watching Scuba Santa


Sending letters to Santa.

When we left the aquarium, we went to lunch. Our waitress was wonderful. She was so kind.  And I knew that this was our chance to bless someone with our random act of kindness.  So when we left her a tip, we left quite a bit.  We were packing up and getting ready to leave the restaurant when she opened the bill and saw what we'd left.  She looked back at me with tears in her eyes and rushed over to give me a hug.  It truly made my heart, that was so filled with hurt, feel so happy.  So if you do nothing else this weekend, do something kind for someone.  Hopefully our random acts of kindness, forgiveness and love can be a tribute to those who lost their lives yesterday. 

2 comments