I'm Back!

I feel as if I haven't blogged on here in 4---EVER! I've been so super busy, being a teacher, a mommy, a mediocre wife and now an entrepreneur. We've literally either been on the road to school, doctor appointments or stores, or I've been creating.
We take our puppy Buster E-V-ER-Y WHERE!

We've had quite a few appointments for colds, ear infections and check ups and unfortunately it doesn't look like there is an end in sight. In fact tomorrow morning we will be visiting an ENT to discuss Drew getting tubes.  And guess where I spent my Superbowl Sunday? In urgent care with Landon and some gunked up ears! Poor guy has been thirty kinds of miserable.  Coincidentally I ran into my BFF Lori, taking her poor little Abby at the very same time.  Darn those preschool germs!
Here is a picture of our little sick man.

In addition to doctors, I've been creating centers and literacy and math units and selling them! Yes I am now officially a business woman.  And I must say I'm quite proud as I've earned our family quite a bit of money in just one short month.  I enjoy making the units but would enjoy it even more if I had time and wasn't making them at 12 am on a day when I have to wake up at 5 am.  But getting emails saying you've just sold your unit makes it a little more bearable.  Plus I use them in my own classroom.  So therefore I'm not only making them but laminating, cutting them out and putting them together. 
See Evidence A:





Here are a few more random pictures of my babies.  














I also wanted to share a little recipe I came across for what I must say a SCRUMPTIOUS dessert. I made it yesterday and Travis took it to work, after I had a piece. You always have to try it before you allow others to eat it, Right? It really is applelicious!


APPLE STREUSEL CHEESECAKE BARS
1 pouch Oatmeal Cookie Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1/2 cup butter
2 {8 oz.} pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 {21 oz.} can apple pie filling {I used Kroger brand :)}
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix together cookie mix & butter until coarse and crumbly.  Don’t use an electric mixer…you’ll need to do this part by hand :)

Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cookie crumb mixture and set aside.  Press the remaining crumb mix into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish to form a crust.  Bake for 5 minutes on 350 and remove from oven.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and egg…you can use your electric mixer for this part :)  Spread mixture evenly over the partially baked crust.

Now mix together apple pie filling and cinnamon and spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.

Sprinkle the reserved 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumble mix on top of the apple cinnamon mix and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350.  Remove from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.  Now transfer to the fridge to chill for about 2 hours.  This will give the dish time to firm up.  Remove from fridge and cut into little bars…or if you’re like me, BIG CHUNKS :)  Mmmmm…










No comments