It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm all sorts of excited about Christmas this year.  Not only am I totally ready for a super long break from work, I am also loving the experience of Christmas with an almost 5 year old. Of course Landon loves the Christmas trees and knows Santa says, HO HO HO, but that is about the extent of his understanding of Christmas. In just a few days we'll begin our RACKING (Random Acts of Kindness) and just yesterday we welcomed a new friend to our home.  Meet Tiny...
Tiny is our "Elf on the Shelf" aka: the miracle. If you'd like your 4 year old who doesn't always listen and follow directions to miraculously turn into a complete angel, then you too need a Tiny! I mean this elf is serious business. Today we watched the movie all about our little elf, which made this tradition all the more real and exciting.  At the slightest misbehavior, all you have to do is mention this sweet little red man, and poof! The angel child reappears.  Last night Tiny flew away to report back to Santa and this morning he was here:
He ended up in our downstairs bathroom this morning.  Because you can't touch the elf or he'll lose his magic, poor little drippy nosed Drew refused to get himself a tissue. This mama was not thinkin'.  He also would not go to the bathroom downstairs, because bless his little heart, "Tiny, might see his weenie."   I almost died! 

Another Holiday tradition for our family is the Festival of Lights. Of course we'll have to go again as our little family of 4.  Daddy was MIA last night. But Pops, Mommy and the boys all made our way to the zoo with every other Cincinnati Family.  No lie...I think there might have been 6 gobzillion people there last night.  The boys were able to see Santa's reindeer, peek at a few other animals, see some beautiful lights and after an hour and a half wait, see Santa.  Well...Drew saw Santa.  Our little rascal aka as: Landon screamed, wriggled and screamed some more.  Hopefully Santa forgives him and he doesn't end up with a big lump of coal.  






Then tonight after a little Tis' the Season shopping, we came home and decked the halls! All the shopping put Landon into a deep sleep, but Drew loved putting the ornaments on the tree.  He thinks our tree looks "beautiful", and I must agree. We've had our adorable snowman Tree skirt for 5 years, because I'm just a little bit obsessed with all things snowmen.  In fact, we found these snowmen bows today: 
It's the perfect touch to our fun family tree.  I took some pictures of some of our other holiday decor.  I'm loving the warm feeling you get just sitting in this dark room with twinkling lights all around.  
 This jolly old soul greets us. I just love everything about him!
 The stockings are hung.  






A few days ago we also continued a Christmas tradition of cookie making. Of course there will be more to come, but these cookies were delicious! If you'd like the recipe click here.


We hope you are enjoying the season as much as we are! 
Happy Holidays Friends.

No comments