This morning I woke and as I always do I thanked God for watching over Travis as has he worked throughout the night. I sat with boys and watched cartoons, as we waited for daddy. Around 7:30 daddy arrived with Drew's Saturday morning McDonald's breakfast of fruit and yogurt parfait, hash brown and orange juice.
We then made our trip to our Saturday soccer game and watched our big boy, actually kick and stop the ball. A milestone in this soccer saga! Maybe it was his soccer showdown in the middle of our cul-de-sac with our sweet neighbor Kristan. Or maybe he's just finally getting the hang of things. Anyway-we were pretty proud.
Throughout our day I couldn't help but find myself tear up. As this week, a police officer lost his life in the line of duty. I know that several police officers have died senselessly this year, but this particular loss hit very close to home. The thought poor Sgt. Dulle's wife and children living without their father and husband absolutely breaks my heart. I know that God has a plan for us all and Heaven is a much better place than this, but it still doesn't make loss hurt any less. Brian Dulle had a four year old little boy just like Drew. I couldn't help but look at our little guy's faces and wonder how we would ever deal with such a loss. My babies love their daddy more than I could ever explain. There's nothing I fear more recently than that knock on the door. Every night I tell Travis to be careful and I love him and I pray that God watch over him. Tonight I did the same. Tonight I also pray for that sweet family and hope they always remember that they have a hero in Heaven.
Our little man. Just like his daddy!


No comments