While I still get giddy at the sight of a Louis Vuitton and a beautiful pair of high heels, it truly is the little things in life that excite a teacher. As I was looking at Firstgraderatlast.blogspot.com I came across such a cute little idea. An idea that to any normal, non-teaching adult would seem silly, but to a teacher who has been met with a sea of 23 blank stares is ingenious. So here it is:
BRAIN SPRINKLES!
Sprinkle a little over the heads of first graders and their brains begin to work again. You think it's crazy don't you? But I've heard it really works and even if it doesn't, it's still an adorable idea. So of course I had to run out to buy some right away. Michaels has these cute sprinkles containers for 3.99 - 40% coupon, a brain sprinkle label and I'm on my way to smarter students.
So while I was at Michaels another exceptional find fell in my lap. I found this cute vase to put my pointers in, bought some ribbon and their it is...
What's even better? The vase cost me .01. That's right, a penny!!! It rang up at a penny and the girl said as long as I didn't return it, it was mine for 1 cent!!!! To a teacher who spends a fortune every year on her classroom, this is like winning the lottery.
Then there are the other little things in my life that make me smile bigger than I ever have before:
Drew working diligently on his preschool workbook! Isn't he adorable?
Is that a tooth? I believe we have a chomper!






No comments