School Year Resolution

   So most people consider the new year to begin in January, but I think most teachers would agree that September is their fresh start.  So my resolution for this school year is try to be more domestic.  More like Martha Stewart. **The crafty Martha, not the witchy, jail-bird Martha.  I want to be more creative, make more gifts from scratch, bake more with my boys and cook my husband something other than chicken every night.  And If you know me at all, you know that when I get an idea in this little head of mine, I have to carry out my plan at that very moment.  So, today was the day I started my quest to be crafty, more domestic, and just plain crazy I guess. So I made my way to Hobby Lobby for one little item and....
Here is what I set out to make.  It's the coolest idea. (At least I think so.) You just print off the "To Do List" from this great site: eighteen25 and then you buy a frame. 5 dollars at Hobby Lobby! Insert the paper and write on the glass with a dry erase marker.  I love it so much I think I might just have to make one for my classroom!

Well, this all I went  for, but... then I saw an already painted white board with picture hangers on the back for 4 dollars and I couldn't pass it by.  I glued some clothes pins to it, added some letter and here you have it....

I plan on hanging it in our laundry room and clipping those lonely socks with no match,  so I don't end up having to buy a new pack of socks every month.  I know I must throw away more socks than any person around and then I find it's match 3 loads of laundry later. 

So, I didn't stop there. While on the site eighteen25, I also saw ,this idea and had to make it. I figure I'll fill it with lots of goodies for my teaching friends and I when we sit down and plan. Candy always makes planning easier!

And lastly, I just happened to wander down the aisle with dowel rods and those cute little painted wood pieces I like to buy for the classroom, and decided no on can ever have too many pointers, so Drew and I made these. He's very proud! Can you tell?


Here is a picture of what the boys were doing during part of my quest to be a domestic goddess. 


Oh..And one more thing before I try to make my way to bed... Landon waved today!! I told him to wave goodbye to daddy and his little hand flew up in the air.  I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow.  :) 

P.S. Honey, since I know you want me to be able to accomplish my goals...I think I might just need a space like this

We can start with the desk. :)

No comments